Is it possible to extract Confluence page content as CSV/XML (or like)?

sharma-shweta October 2, 2013

Hi,

I want to extract Confluence page content as CSV/XML or any similar format. Is there any free plugin or script I could use to achieve it.

Also, is it possible to schedule this job of extraction in Confluence?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

I think you're easiest approach would be to extract the data from the Confluence database that stores the pages. The table you want is the "BODYCONTENT" table. That stores the contents of the pages.

On your server, you could schedule a cron job, but I don't think this sort of scheduled job functionality is built into Confluence.

sharma-shweta October 3, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Very useful!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

If you go to Space Operations there is an option for XML export. One caveat is that the XML is pretty obscure ... all of the data is there though. There is also a RSS feed under Space Operations that you could use as well to get at your page content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events