Is it possible to extract Confluence page content as CSV/XML (or like)?

Hi,

I want to extract Confluence page content as CSV/XML or any similar format. Is there any free plugin or script I could use to achieve it.

Also, is it possible to schedule this job of extraction in Confluence?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I think you're easiest approach would be to extract the data from the Confluence database that stores the pages. The table you want is the "BODYCONTENT" table. That stores the contents of the pages.

On your server, you could schedule a cron job, but I don't think this sort of scheduled job functionality is built into Confluence.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Very useful!

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 02, 2013

If you go to Space Operations there is an option for XML export. One caveat is that the XML is pretty obscure ... all of the data is there though. There is also a RSS feed under Space Operations that you could use as well to get at your page content.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

148 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you