Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create an article via Microsoft Word that INCLUDES Confluence modules then import it into Confluence?

Daniel Tam December 31, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence User's Guide

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2015

Not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I have found that if I create a page in Confluence, then export as a Word document and use it as something of a template, when it is reimported into Confluence, it requires considerably less editing.

Daniel Tam December 31, 2015

Thank you Milo for your response. What I'm trying to do is allow users to type their articles in a Microsoft product then import it into Confluence at a later time. The problem is that we are particular and want to make sure that all articles have the "Related Articles" module of Confluence. I've tried what you suggested, however, the links to the modules still work after exporting and importing back to Confluence but the the icons and functionalities are broken. I want to be able to also have a Confluence template-like Word document that I can just import into Confluence.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

You might be able to do something with XML. If you look through the storage format of the Confluence page (••• -> View Storage Format), you might be able to get the code necessary to accomplish that. No guarantees though. ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events