Is it possible to add content, ask a question or post answer to a question without editing a page?

pradeep_babburi August 19, 2019

I am looking to set up a page for a collaborative research project where users from different teams can post questions, submit answers to the questions, and post significant results and findings from their work. And most importantly can it be done without going to the edit mode by a user? Editing a page gives unrestricted access to all the content which might inadvertently be changed when a user is adding their contents. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Pradeep and welcome to the Community!

From what I’m understanding, you’re wanting the ability to interact with a Confluence page by adding content, comments, etc.. without interacting with the editing interface of Confluence. With this said, the ideal solution would be to have your users interact with a custom form you create that interacts with Confluence via the REST API. This would allow control over what they can edit into a page while allowing them freedoms within your form.

Further information about the endpoint which would be used for this are as follows:

I hope this information proves helpful for project.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers 

pradeep_babburi August 21, 2019

Thank you for the response Stephen. So I take that this kind of functionality is not built-in but rather requires a custom solution. I am not a software engineer to do something like this myself but would love to check it out if there are pre-designed templates like this. 

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events