Is it possible to add a button for a visitor to request membership in a given group?

Jean-Christophe Mielnik April 29, 2015

In a given space, I would like people from my company to be able to request membership to the group "users" of this space, just by clicking on a button. Is it possible? How?

8 answers

1 vote
Jean-Christophe Mielnik May 6, 2015

Hi Joshua. We share the same request. Any answer?

Joshua Barnett May 6, 2015

Nothing at this time unfortunately.

0 votes
Joshua Barnett May 21, 2015

Following up again. 

0 votes
Joshua Barnett May 12, 2015

Hello, anyone have any suggestions?

0 votes
Joshua Barnett May 4, 2015

Hello, any update or suggestion on this?

0 votes
Joshua Barnett April 30, 2015

I signed up just to respond to this question.  Our HR department is looking for something similar.  They would like to make groups (like Facebook) which our users can request to join via a button click.  (Similar to watching a page, but without the confusion of selecting watch entire space or watch page.)

0 votes
Jean-Christophe Mielnik April 30, 2015

Eduardo and Rachel, first thanks for your answers.

My question does not specificaly address restricted pages, but group membership. It is related to a current feature in social networks.

So I understand that the only possibility is to send a message to the space admin requesting membership?

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hi Jean-Christophe,  only an administrator can modify group memberships in Confluence, so I'm sorry, it is not possible for members to set their own group memberships.  

Warren LaFountain June 2, 2015

Hi Rachel Any chance this capability will be added in the future?

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hello Jean,

I'm not sure I fully understood what you want to do, but there's a way to request access for a restricted page, described on this blog post: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/09/new-in-confluence-request-access-to-view-restricted-pages/

I hope this helps you on what you want to achieve.

Eduardo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events