Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is anyone having issues with anchor links, specifically not being able to click them twice?

Edited

I have implemented an anchor in my Confluence page. The link to the anchor is at the top of the page, and the anchor itself is at the bottom. When I click the anchor link initially, it works and does take me to the bottom of the page, although it pauses in the middle of the page first before going to the bottom. When I scroll back up to the top of the page and click the anchor link again, it doesn't take me to the anchor anymore, it just pauses in the middle of the page and stays there. I adjusted my anchor so it wasn't on the complete bottom of the page, to see if that would change the results I was getting (I placed the anchor above a few paragraphs of text), but the same thing happened. I'm newer to Confluence, so I'm not sure, but shouldn't you be able to hit an anchor link twice? 

1 answer

Hello,

It Seems that you have not properly placed the link or failed to submit the link button, can you please check again by pressing submit button. if matter still exist, let me know.

Tennis Unit

Hi, what submit button are you referring to? Do you mean when I created the anchor link, I didn't properly add the link, to create the link itself? I tested this with my teammate, and the anchor link does work the first time we click it, so I believe that means it was setup correctly. It is only after I've clicked the anchor link once, then scrolled back up to the page to click it again that the anchor link no longer works. Please let me know if I've misunderstood. 

Hello, 

Sometimes it may show an error, better to add the link again. hopefully, it will work.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,474 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you