Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Confluence cloud is HIPAA compliant? Do they sign BAA?

Lavanya Manoharan July 6, 2018

Hi,

Our organization maintains procedures/documents in confluence page. I want to know if it is HIPAA compliant. If yes, please let me know to have BAA signed from Confluence/Atlassian for our organization.

Thanks,

Lavanya

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

As of February 2022 Atlassian can sign BAAs with customers licensing JSW and Confluence Enterprise.  Please visit this page for details: https://www.atlassian.com/trust/compliance/resources/hipaa 

hodachalliv May 12, 2022

This is great news, long-awaited. Thanks @Filiberto Selvas for providing the update.

Jesse Webb May 12, 2022

Yes it is good news that Atlassian is moving in the right direction.  However, It should apply to all offerings.  Forcing the purchase of the twice as expensive Enterprise is not appropriate.  The whole point is to build security into everything you offer for all customers.  I give this a C- effort.  

Like Jami Griffiths likes this
2 votes
Tobias Persson December 1, 2021

Still no BAA being able to be signed?

Jesse Webb December 2, 2021

With Solarwinds style attacks on the rise, it is time for Atlassian to step the security game.  We are in healthcare and would like to use Atlassian Cloud vs Data Center but until they create US only encrypted customer repositories and get HITRUST certified we cannot use it.  Hope they invest in healthcare security.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2018

Hi Lavanya,

Unfortunately we aren't able to sign a BA agreement for our Cloud offerings. We do recommend Confluence Server for cases where you need to meet compliance.

For this and other questions, check out our Trust FAQ.

Cheers,
Daniel

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2018

Thank you @Daniel Eads!

Lavanya Manoharan July 9, 2018

Thanks Daniel.

Alan Pryor June 12, 2020

Any update on the status of Atlassian having the ability to sign a BAA?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

@Daniel Eads  any updates on this one?

Like hodachalliv likes this
hodachalliv February 2, 2021

Any updates on this?

0 votes
Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2023
0 votes
Ben Erridge March 17, 2022

What is the current status of this? tools are no longer supporting server version and I haven't heard of HIPAA compliance being achieved. We will have to leave atlasian tools unless this is resolved soon.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2018

Hi Lavanya,

Nor sure Confluence is HIPAA compliant. I asked about AWS or other hosting services to make sure about all my Atlassian Tools. It was confirmed that yes and they even have a license.

Let me reach out to an Atlassian Expert so that we can make sure. I don't recall reading or hearing that Confluence is HIPAA compliant.

Cheers,

Lavanya Manoharan July 9, 2018

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events