Integration between Microsoft Outlook and Confluence

Alyson Reis July 20, 2018

Hello,

I want to have a .msg file attached to a page and when the user clicks on it, it opens the message directly in outlook. Is there a plugin/macro that offers this functionality?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2018

Hello Alyson,

I don't have .msg files or Outlook to test this with, but can you check if the MIME type in the attachment properties was set to application/vnd.ms-outlook msg?  In that case would it open in Outlook?

I also found a few feature requests in my research, these might be useful for you since you use .msg files in your Confluence instance.

Regards,

Shannon

John Philson June 14, 2019

Hi, I am running into the same issue.  The .msg files are set to the Outlook application, but Confluence wants to download them instead of opening them up.  Has anyone come up with a solution that works?

Thanks in advance!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Hi John,

Thank you for following-up on this thread. To be honest, it was just an idea I had to test, but if it's not working for you then I would recommend that you vote on one of the feature requests I mentioned. This will ensure it is compatible with Confluence in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

ALanka June 22, 2022

1st need to check your business  have subscription  MS outlook integration with Atlassian Jira/confluence.

In confluence page drag and drop the file. check this for help Upload a file | Confluence Cloud | Atlassian Support.

Try using  View file Macro View File Macro | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.18 | Atlassian Documentation 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events