Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration JSD-Confluence.Is it possible to restrict the search from Jira just to words with label?

Maria Antonia Liberal January 31, 2020

I have created a link between a Jira Service Desk and a space in Confluence. When the users search a solution in Jira Service Desk, appear many answers from the Knowledge Base that doesn´t make sense.

I would like to restrict the search to just label words. For example, if the user write printer, and I have articles with then label printer, I would like that just these articles appear

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

Hi @Maria Antonia Liberal this should be how it works as long as the pages are labeled appropriately. Although this doesn't show until the user starts typing.

This article might be helpful to you as it lists this workaround that may be what you are trying to accomplish.

However, there is a workaround to display a direct link to a specific article on a request type. This workaround can be time-consuming if you have many request types, but you won't use labels and customers don't have to type a summary. 

1. Go in any ticket from the agent interface. 
  2. In the knowledge base section, click "Search Knowledge Base"
  3. Search and click the article you'd like to display and then click "Share as comment"
  4. Copy what just appeared in the comment section
  5. Go in Project Settings > Request types and select the request type you need
  6. Paste the link in the Help & Instruction field

When your customers will reach out to your portal, they will be able to click the link on the request type and it will open the specific article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-display-a-specific-article-for-a-request-type

Hope that helps!

Maria Antonia Liberal February 1, 2020

I will try on Monday and I will tell you

Thank you Jessica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events