cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Cloud with Active Directory

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

I know the Atlassian Cloud doesn't support this (though I haven't a clue to why not nor have they made it a priority to do so) but can anyone suggest any other tools that would help bridge this gap?  

Specifically, we want to migrate Bamboo, Confluence and JIRA to the cloud but not having a way to communicate with our users in Active Directory is a deal-breaker. 

4 answers

2 votes
Diego Berrueta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

Hi Ron,

You can use the recently launched support for user provisioning via SCIM to keep your Atlassian Cloud users in sync with an external identity provider (IdP), and indirectly with Active Directory. Read more about this Atlassian Access feature at https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/user-provisioning-959305316.html

Regards.

0 votes
Mark Thompson August 28, 2015

It looks like Okta offers SSO to JIRA via their SWA offering.  See www.okta.com for details, but the gist is that they require you to enter your JIRA credentials into Okta, and then they log into JIRA for you when you click on the JIRA button in their Home Page.  Since Okta can itself integrate with Active Directory, you can probably put together an AD SSO solution, if you're willing to live with entering your credentials into Okta.

Disclaimer: haven't tried this myself, but know about how the concept works because Okta has an SWA that was connecting to my company's web application for a while, before we offered SAML.

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Thanks Paula but I realize that and quite familiar with that feature request which is going on 6 years.

I'm soliciting for other tools that would make the "connectivity" possible.

Jeff Clarke October 20, 2017

6 years? wow. You would think this would be a priority unless it's being pushed to go to the Enterprise/Server version. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2017

Confluence version 1 supported it, well before Cloud existed, Enterprise/Server has always had it. 

The problem is not Confluence's internals or the integration code, but the way Cloud works (or rather doesn't) with remote ADs.

Closest you can get now with Cloud is SAML authentication.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2015

Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, LDAP integration is one of the Restricted Functions on Atlassian Cloud and there's no workaround to achieve this integration. However, there's a feature request as you can see on ID-79. Currently, the only integration supported is Google Apps (Set up Google Apps for your site).

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events