Installing Confluence 6.* on 32-bit system Edited

Hi, I know there is no installer for 32-bit systems for Confluence versions 6 and up, however I downloaded the standalone .zip for 6.0.2 and extracted it on a 32-bit system.  When I try to install it, it complains that tomcat8.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows I have.  

Seems like the included tomcat8.exe is a 64-bit executable instead of 32?  How can I install Confluence 6.* on a 32-bit system?

Thanks

2 answers

0 vote

You can't.  Confluence 6 dropped all support for 32 bit installations.

In theory, you could try to install it and then unpick all the contents and place them into a 32 bit Tomcat installation, but I seem to remember that won't work as even they have been compiled for 64 bits.

I suspect your only chance might be to download the source and compile it for a 32 bit machine.  I don't know if there is anything in there that would stop you, but I do suspect you'll need to make quite a few changes before it works.

Strange, according to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-0-upgrade-notes-844235311.html#Confluence6.0UpgradeNotes-32-bitinstallersnotavailable

it says "If you're running Confluence on a 32-bit operating system, you can still upgrade, using the archive file method".

Not a big deal though, we can stick with 5.10.8.

Ah, yes, I've asked for that to be updated.

0 vote

Out of curiousity, can we ask why you would want to go onto a 32bit system?

It was an older installation that was done years ago and I'm trying to upgrade to a newer version.  For some reason it was originally installed on a 32-bit system.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

982 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you