Installation of third party plugin (not on marketplace)

Hi Guys

I want to install this plugin on our confluence (ITS an online sequence diagram tool).

https://www.websequencediagrams.com/confluence/

But the problem is this plugin is not listed on the atlassian marketplace.

My question is

- For us to install a third party plugin, does it have to be be listed on atlassian marketplace?

- If we install such a plugin not listed on marketplace does it void our support with atlassian?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes

You can use "upload plugin" in the universal plugin manager to upload anything you want. Doesn't matter if it's supported, on the marketplace or anything.

You ARE supported if you do this. But only on the core side. If you ask for support, Atlassian may well ask you to disable or remove plugins before they can help (generally, they won't, but if they suspect the plugin, they will)

1. No

2. No

Feel free to set up the plugin. Your support of product will be still in action. Please note - that installation of unknown plugins is potential security and integrity vulnerability, and the problems related with that plugin (i.e. installation, defects etc.) will not be covered within atlassian support.

EDIT:

You can even develop your own plugin that doesn't exist anywhere and that his highly promoted by Atlassian, but problems related to that plugin are not supported :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

327 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you