Inserting Table Change?

heather September 20, 2023

Has something changed since yesterday with the formatting of tables inserted into a page? Previously, when I would insert a table, it would be left justified. Now, when I insert a table, it is centered, and there is no way to move it to the left. I have a page I created yesterday with left-justified tables that I am still working on, but now, when I add a table, it is in the center, and it looks terrible. 

2023-09-20_15-48-43.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2023

Hi @heather ,

Some new changes have been rolled out when it comes to the Confluence Cloud editor (official article).
Regarding tables, you can now resize tables by using this resize horizontal line placed right of the table.

gif_1.gif

Also, the page design depends if you have a fixed-width or full-width page size.
If you use full-width page size and would only like to place the table on the left side of the page so the table does not take the full length of the window, I guess you could use Layouts macro for that. 👇2023-09-20_22-45-08.png

Regards,
Tom

韩黎 November 7, 2023

Thank you. I was also struggling with the left alignment of the table at first, but now I can get a good display using layout macros.

Nathan Jemmett December 10, 2023

That's a workaround I suppose but a bit cumbersome in case Atlassian would like some feedback.

0 votes
Jeremy Chapman October 19, 2023

I got caught by this one as well.  And I didn't realize you could resize the table.

To resize the rightmost column you drag the the edge of the table, to resize the table you drag the vertical bar that is slightly to the right of the table.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events