Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Excerpt with diagram

Djukic Haris June 16, 2022

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to include a chart or diagram macro within an excerpt macro? 

The idea is to define a diagram that can be used afterwards with the include excerpt macro on another page and to have one dedicated page with just diagrams that come from the different excerpt macros.

Thanks in advance,

Haris

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Djukic Haris ,

As a representative of the Stiltsoft team, I can suggest the following workaround with the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app: reuse your source table as many times as you need using the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and then aggregate/visualize the reused table on other pages (spaces). We have a wide range of macros for this purpose, for example, you may check the Chart from Table macro. 

It's very convenient when you need to create a dashboard based on one source. You don't need to copy/paste this table manually several times, besides if you need to update it, it is necessary to make changes only in one place - inside the Table Excerpt macro.

Djukic Haris June 17, 2022

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look at the Table Filter and Charts app. I have to get it approved by my admin though.

As for the Table excerpt Include macro, I cannot find that one, no matter what I type? Is this maybe related to the "package" that we have? I don't know if there are different versions depending on the prices that a customer has to pay. I just use the app as it is provided by our company. 

Kind regards, 

Haris

Djukic Haris June 17, 2022

Before I submit the request for the installation of the app. Is it possible to include the tables and the chart within an excerpt? Or is there another solution? As I said, it doesn't seem that i have it. 

PS. Our system is in german, but I still couldn't find it, no matter how I translate it. 

KR, 

Haris

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2022

It is possible to do on Server/Data Center, but Confluence Cloud doesn't support bodied macro nesting.

For example, with the help of our Table Toolbox macro you'll be able to filter your source table, aggregate it and then visualize. The macro works like a shell to create macro sequences, for example, "table <- Table Filter <- Pivot Table <- Chart from Table" (the source table here is not only manually created table but the outcome of the Jira Issues, Page Properties Report and other dynamic Confluence macros as well).

But you won't be able to wrap all this sequence into the Table Excerpt macro in Cloud.

So the workaround will be to wrap only the source table in the Table Excerpt macro, reuse it wherever you need and as many times as you need with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro and then wrap this Include into the Table Toolbox macro for further transformation/visualization.

All the macros are flexible and allow you to hide the source data if required. For example, you may show the filtered table and the chart based on it or leave only the chart without any data and chart controls. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

Hi @Djukic Haris ,

We've just released a new version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app with the Table Excerpt macro inside the Table Toolbox macro. This feature was mentioned in this thread.

Now you'll be able to create macro' sequences (for example, "source table <- Table Transformer <- Table Filter <- Pivot Table") and reuse the result table.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Yes, it looks like you can use a chart macro within the excerpt macro.

I'm using Jira Data Center, and was able to add an Excerpt macro to a test page. In that Excerpt macro, I added a Chart macro.

In another page, I added the Excerpt Include macro, referencing the test page. The Chart showed in this other page.

Essentially, the Excerpt macro is just a wrapper around arbitrary (original) content. The Excerpt Include macro retrieves that original-page content when loading the other page.

The documentation differs slightly between DC/Server and Cloud, but I expect it will work everywhere. Doc links:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events