Insert images/files in templates

George Caraus October 8, 2019

It looks like after the latest Confleunce update, I am not able to add images or files in templates.

The menu is different after the update and the "Files & Images" is missing from the template page.new page.PNGtemplate.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hello George,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

Thank you for reporting this to us. We've had similar reports, and will be addressing this on the following bug:

• CONFCLOUD-66471 Insert file and images icon/option is missing in new editor global template

Make sure to click This affects my team on the above page, and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this issue.

At this time, there's no known workaround, as drag-and-drop also does not work here.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Stephanie Schutz November 20, 2020

Severity 3 - Minor?

I followed your instructions above but that doesn't get me the fix I need now. Might you have a workaround?

1 vote
Felix Turbanisch January 14, 2020

My Team has the same problem. It's not possible to insert Images into templates (14.01.2020).

This case is not solved.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hello Felix,

Thank you for reporting you are having the issue as well. The issue is not solved because this is an ongoing bug which we are still working on resolving.

Please make sure that you watch the bug CONFCLOUD-66471 and add your site to the case by clicking This affects my team at the top of that page.

Let me know if you have any trouble doing that!

Regards,

Shannon

Courtney Jenkins January 20, 2021

This is on the link of the bug, not on the page above. Just want to clarify for others like me who might not get that at first.

0 votes
ragnar October 14, 2019

Workaround that worked for me is to create separate confluence pages that have required images in them and then use "include page macro" in template to include the page with image.

Amadeu Arnau October 15, 2019

Hi Ragnar, 

""include page macro" in template?"

Where I can find this option?

Thanks,

image.png

ragnar October 15, 2019

On template edit view click on insert -> view more -> search for "include page"

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 13.27.45.pngScreenshot 2019-10-15 at 13.27.57.png

Amadeu Arnau October 15, 2019

Wow. I know what you mean now. 

Not working for me. They must improve this option if not templates are useless... 

Thanks anyway.

Like dominique.lazo-flores likes this
Felix Turbanisch January 14, 2020

Thank you for the try, ragnar, but I need a routine that is working with a bunch of people, that should create their own templates. I don't want to implement work arounds into a sop. I want those sop's to contain our Logo. It's as simple as that.

I have to wait until this function is working or if this issue will not get fixed, switching to another product that is serving our needs. 

Like dominique.lazo-flores likes this
Parminder Grewal August 24, 2020

I would like multiple images placed as tile mode in the Custom template. i am not able do it. It is possivle in google docs though.   

Jerry Harris September 29, 2021

Note that it's over 1 year since this bug was reported and it still doesn't work on Confluence Cloud. However, I notice the Copyright for Confluence in the About Confluence screen is still 2020.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 4.44.13 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events