Insert a table between numbered list without breaking the sequence

mark.dignadice April 29, 2020

I inserted a table between two numbered steps in a numbered list. But the next numbered step restarted to number 1.

How do I insert a table between numbered steps in a numbered list without breaking the sequence of the list?

I searched a community for the same issue but did not find a similar question.

8 answers

9 votes
mark.dignadice August 13, 2020

Inserting tables between numbered steps without breaking the number sequence is a basic functionality in all editors. Why it's not in Confluence just amazes me. 

Anurag Kumar September 9, 2021

I convinced my whole team to move to Confluence from Google Docs and everyone is now asking me how they can add tables between lists!

Like lpqdev likes this
Emma Tseng January 11, 2022

I have this same issue, just log an issue to Atlassian, it will be helpful if you could vote for it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73378

Nicholas Wade February 1, 2022

Maybe we should ask Confluence why they inhibit the editing of the CSS/HTML, which used to be (at least on the Server version) available, and is now ONLY available if you buy their editor app as well? 

Personally, I think this is a joke - a number of the apps have been implemented badly with scant regard to users (I guess that's what happens when Dev seems to run things). 

Reporting just goes into a bottomless pit, which once again is manged by Dev. This issue has been around for some years - it's not new (you may also see that wide tables STILL have problems. Absurd....

6 votes
Josep Canet August 13, 2020

I have the same issue and looks like that there is no answer from Atl community, correct?

I have this same issue, just log an issue to Atlassian, it will be helpful if you could vote for it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73378

Like Benjamin Brücker likes this
3 votes
Nikolay Pilipenko June 15, 2020

I have the same question.

I can insert a picture without breaking the list, but I can not do this with the table.

2 votes
Chhavi Sharma March 29, 2021

I am facing the same issue. This is so annoying. I want to review the PRD, was this never a requirement?

1 vote

just log an issue to Atlassian, they won't take actions until there's enough vote, it will be helpful if you could go ahead and vote for it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73378

Why should we have to vote for a basic function of a word processor?

1 vote
Benjamin Brücker December 10, 2021

I miss that too. Lists and tables are the basic tools for documentation and they need to be nested into each other. Reality is sometimes too complex to put everything into flat lists. Confluence team: Please help us!

1 vote
Todd Tomaino October 5, 2021

Total hack:  Screen shot the table and insert it as an image.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Ugh, yuck.

0 votes
lpqdev August 19, 2021

As usual, no answer from the Confluence team. This is a basic function that we should be able to do.

Been no answer for a few years now.. The Devs are all walking round with white sticks..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events