Incorporate external review feedback (from client's Confluence space, from Word files)

Sarah Newman August 5, 2018

Dear members of the Atlassian Community!

We currently create design documents in Word, stored on SharePoint, which can be reviewed internally and changes tracked, or sent to clients for their review and then re-uploaded to the existing SharePoint copy as a new version.

As we move to Confluence, we're trying to work out how to manage the review process. Internal reviews are obviously easy. But how do others manage external review?

We have some clients who will have their own instance of Confluence, and presumably we can set up permissions to publish directly to those spaces. How would we manage capturing those clients' review feedback and bringing it back locally?

Other clients will be sticking with Word file review. I understand the Word import and export functionality, but are we able to export to a file for review and then reimport to the existing pages and bring in the review commentary also?

Thank you for any help!

Cheers
Sarah

1 answer

0 votes
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2018

Hello @Sarah Newman, take a look at Comala Workflows - this addon is made for reviews and i've set it up for many companies who are quite happy with the results.

It complies to many of the established QM standards, you can talk REST with it, use CQL to extend your searches and there are even some marketplace extensions for this plugin.

Comala Workflows - Remote Publishing is an extension which enables remote publishing to other confluence instances.

Join the webinar Comala offers for Comala Workflows and you'll get an idea of how it works.

Questions? Ask! :)

Sarah Newman August 6, 2018

Hi Lennart

Thank you - I've looked at those but couldn't see how the review comments could be brought back in - it looked like a one-way process. I will give the webinar a go.

Cheers

Sarah

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events