Include last modified date and user in Page Properties Report

Is there a way, or a workaround, that will allow me to include the following two items in the Page Properties Report macro?

• Last Date Modified - The last date when the page was modified
  • Last User to Modify - The name of the last user who modified the content

I realize they could manually type it into the page properties, but that just isn't feasible when the information is already on the page. Can this be pulled in?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Well, I just went ahead and created my own user macros to solve the problem. For anyone interested, the two macros below do nothing more than display the date and the name of the user who last modified the page on which the macro has been placed.

Last Date Modified

$action.dateFormatter.formatDateTime($content.getLastModificationDate())

Last User Modified

#usernameLink($content.getLastModifierName())

Unfortunately, the above didn't work quite as planned. The macro is placed in the page properties macro, but when it is pulled into another page using the Page Properties Report macro, my macro above is pulling in that page's last mod user and date rather than the page on which it was placed.

Any ideas?

It's been a long time, but after an update to Confluence 5.5, the above now works.

How do I put/apply those your macros into my confluence page?

Thank you.  I'd love to know how to implement this as well...

Linh and Katie,

You have to write/create these macros via the macro editor in the system administrator UI.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

For instance:

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: My Name
## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy
## Installed by: My Name
## This is an example macro
## @noparams
#usernameLink($content.getLastModifierName())

@chad barnes Could you share the exact macro info for the last modified date?  I tried using the user macro, but was unsuccessful.

• Visibility: Visible to all
  • Categories: Confluence content
  • Body processing: No macro body
  • Template: (use the code above)

Really, the only two important things are the "No macro body" and the code I provided.

Also, realize that after saving the macro it will take a little time (few seconds) for it to appear in the macro browser. And, you may have to refresh the whole page and re-enter the page editor to get the updated macro browser.

2016-11-16_6-36-41.png

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in Confluence Cloud?

Hi Agatha... If you have it available try inserting a Report Info macro and enter the following in the key field: content:modification date.

In the format field you can play with the way that date is displayed.

I hope it works for you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

284 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you