Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence, how do you get a count of open tasks for the current user in a specific space/spaces?

Marc Moroz January 10, 2019

I've been working on custom macros but can't get the count of open tasks assigned to the current user.

I assume it might need to ignore tasks in task reports as well.

Ideally, it would be nice to specify one or more spaces.

Has anyone dealt with this?

4 answers

1 vote
Irina Chiriac October 1, 2019

+1 for the need of counting open tasks of a given user. Seems pretty straight forward to add in the Task Report Macro

0 votes
mdimov March 27, 2020

It is very disappointing that there is no easy solution to this most simple of tasks.

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

Hello Marc,

You can combine Task Report macro with Table Filter and charts app in different ways:

• Wrap Task Report macro with Pivot Table macro and get number of tasks.
  • Wrap Task Report macro with Table Filter macro and set the total row to show number of tasks (count).
Marc Moroz January 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to put this together but this isn't going to work for us.  Getting add ons through info security, evaluation, sign-off, etc is tough.  And I'm unlikely to get an entire add on approved because I need one field.

I'm really in need of a custom script I can copy for a user defined macro.

Like mdimov likes this
cruel January 14, 2021

That worked great for me

Payal Gogia August 16, 2021

hey @Marc Moroz,

Did you get any solution to your problem. I am facing the same issue. Want to get a count of the tasks.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Marc,

Use Content by user macro.

Victor

Hi Victor,

The Content by user macro lists everything, not just open tasks.  It also needs to have a user name set in the macro and can't be used for "current user"

If there is a way to get this to do what I was asking, I'm missing it.

Like mdimov likes this
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2019

How about Task Report Macro

That creates a list of all of the tasks, not a count.  It also can't be set up to show tasks only for the current user.

The count is important because this is just one element on a dashboard, I can't fill up the page with a long list of tasks - some people have many.

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2019

One of the parameters is you can select current user, assignee.

I don't see that.  But even if that's the case, it's still a list of the open tasks rather than a count.  The count of open tasks for assigned user is the key thing here.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events