Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence Cloud, can we put the Notify Watcher uncheck by default?

Maxime Giguère May 24, 2018

I looked for other answers and I found answers from 2013...

The issue is that when we are working on new feature, we save/publish a page very often. So the watchers receive tons of email in few hours because the Notify Watcher is always On and using the Publish shortcut, we are not thinking to uncheck before doing it.

Is there a way to put the Notify Watchers to off by default?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
dmitry.popov February 21, 2020

This is one of most annoying things in the poor new editor!

In old editor there was a checkbox "Notify watcher", which state was saved between different page edits! Now the option can only be clicked with mouse (... → Publish without notifying watchers). Its state is not saved, and on every `Ctrl + Enter` click (i.e. on each page edit), all users watching a page receive a spam letter. We cannot save the state of "do not notify" in the shitty new editor.

At least the hotkey for "Publish without notifying watchers" must be provided.

Or even better, the possibility to roll back to sweet old editor instead of this new half-tailored crap.

1 vote
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi Maxime,

Unfortunately, there is no option to disable "notify watchers" for all users for the Cloud platform. There was a feature request about this issue that was resolved, which you can view here: CONF-8276. The resolution, however, was that users can uncheck the Notify Watchers box and Confluence will save their preference. I understand this is not ideal so I recommend leaving your feedback on the feature request ticket.

We even found a few related feature request regarding your request:
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-43247
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38953

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards
Suren Raj

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events