Impossible to add empty line for space inside the page content

Hananya Beck July 26, 2017

Hi

I am using the cloud version with the new interface.

When i write\edit a page and press some times the Enter key in order to insert empty lines for spaces then in the edit mode all works fine (i see the empty lines).

But when i publish the page (in Watch mode) there are any empty lines. All these lines are removed.

How i can insert empty line for space inside the page content?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hello everyone,

As this thread is from 2017, I would like to give an update about how to add empty lines on Jira and Confluence Cloud when using the new editor.

Confluence:

To add empty lines, you can use Shift + Enter or just Enter.

Jira:

The new editor was introduced on the new issue view and it uses markdown.
To add empty lines on comments and description you can use Shift + Enter, Enter or //, it will depend on the version of the editor.
As the new issue view and next-gen projects are constantly being improved and the rollout of the changes don't happen for all instances at the same time, if you have the previous editor, you may use // and for the new editor, you can use Shift + Enter or Enter. If you have the previous version, don't worry, soon your instance will receive an update with the new version.

Previous version:

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 13.00.49.png

New version:

Screenshot 2019-05-31_14-48-31.png

Hope this clarifies!
If you have any question about the editors for Jira and Confluence, please raise a new question.

Regards,
Angélica

6 votes
Hananya Beck July 26, 2017

"Shift + Return" should do the trick.

Ilguiz Latypov May 30, 2019

Someone please unaccept this answer.  Atlassian in its wisdom did not map Shift+Return to a non-visual construct and did not take care of testing it in bullet lists.

Like Samuel Hayton likes this
0 votes
Ilguiz Latypov May 30, 2019

The proper answer that works in bullet lists and JIRA comments follows:

• Use the "text" edit mode.

• Type two backslashes in one line and two more backslashes in the next line:

\\
    \\

• Switch back to the Visual mode.

• Ask the vendor to reconsider the year 2008 bug, part of their package to do away with the text editor.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-5928
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events