It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing XML from another Space - very vague documentation

EVERY SINGLE article, KB or help I read starts with - Select Settings in the COG.  I DON'T HAVE A COG WHEEL.  Where is it?

2 answers

@Dan Perez 

Hi Dan

welcome to the community.

Are you running confluence on prem?

Do you have the needed permissions to restore a space (you need to have System Administrator permissions), see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html

Cheers

Kurt

I'm new to Confluence, and I am positive I don't have System Administrator permissions.  My manager, though, who set me up, insists I do.   How do I show that I don't have the correct permissions? 

0 votes

The cog icon will only appear if you have administration rights in the area you are in.

For example, on Cloud, I get:

gscreenshot_2020-04-11-112617.png

If you're not seeing the settings cog here, you'll need to talk to your admins about getting the right pemissions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,501 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you