Importing MS Word doc to Confluence is failing. Any idea why is this happening?

Rohit Kumar Singh January 12, 2021

Exploring possibilities of moving customer documentation to Confluence. This will not be possible if we cannot import MS Word files (originally the FrameMaker files) successfully to Confluence. 

2 answers

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Rohit Kumar Singh ,

It's for pages templates i think.  Not for importing in to a page.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi ,

I'm aware of this new feature.

in same link you shared. the last commenter also posted same kind of error.

you can raise a support request by mentioning the link and your error.

Yes, I will be doing so.

Thank you for your time on this issue, Anvesh. 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

image.png

Me also got the same error 

As you may know, earlier this year, we launched the feature to integrate your Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive files into Confluence pages. I’m glad to announce that we have started rolling out a new Document Import feature with richer functionality and improved user experience to bring more ease to your work with content across tools.

As per the above statement , i'm assuming that these will downloaded from "One Drive" and "Google Drive" purpose. it's my assumption only.

If you read the text below the Import BETA option, it doesn't say so. Google Drive, yes - understood but Microsoft OneDrive has to be used, is not clear. 

For now, I will stick with the traditionally available option.  

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Rohit Kumar Singh ,

So what is exactly going on? Any error message? Could you describe your steps that you are doing, so that we can try to reproduce?

The following error message displays when I use the Word Import (beta) option. Is it because the file contains graphics and other design element? 

WordImport_Confluence.png

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Hi ,

Where you find word import (beta).

I just uploaded a word document from below settings

ABCD.png

I Opened a  page in confluence.

Page settings

Advanced details

Import Word Document.

After the import , the following dialog box appered

image.png

And the upload is successful.

Like Rohit Kumar Singh likes this

Yes, thank you.  I can see the option under Advanced Details. 

Try the following steps.

1. Click Create from the Workspace menu options. WordImport_Confluence1.pngAdd Page displays for creating a new page.
  2. Click Ellipses available to the right for viewing additional options.WordImport_Confluence.2.png
  3. Click Template & import doc. You should see the following pane to the right.WordImport_Confluence2.png

See if this way it works for you.

Not sure if both these options, the one you showed and this one, are same or different?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events