Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing Evernote pages into.Confluence?

I would like to get the bulk of about 2,000 notes with pdf and JPEG attachments into Confluence.  I can export from Evernote in XML or its native ENEX format.

There was an integration years ago that worked with server/self hosted but I need it work with Cloud based Confluencen (and the integration has been archived and not updated or supported).

Ideally, each Evernote note with attachments would be a single entry into the wiki - not worried about grouping or any logic with tags/categories/spaces.

I've done cursory search and will try the XML import steps but I feel this will NOT deal with the attachments.

Thanks for any help or guidance , in advance.

Hoy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Hoy!

Great question and you're not alone in this ask, there have been multiple people looking to complete the same tasks you're wanting to do. Here is a similar post in regards to this importing Evernote into Confluence.

Unfortunately, the product that was referenced there is for server only and is not available for the cloud. You could reach out to the vendor mentioned in that post above to see if there any plans to create an app for Cloud products.

Alternatively, you would create your own import scripts using the REST APIs on both ends. Here is the REST API information for both products:

1. Evernote Developer Documentation 
  2. Confluence Cloud Developer 

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Thanks Steohen,

I pretty much figured I'd have write something.  Just being lazy, but I guess the API will be useful for this and future projects.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Hey Hoy,

I would reach out to the vendor mentioned in the other post, if you're going to be writing something once, you might be able to partner with them and possibly create a path for others wanting to complete the same task, Be the change you seek.

If that doesn't work out, you could also create a Bitbucket repo and share it publically with your script to complete your export and import. If you happen to do this, please let us know and we might be able to assist with getting the word out.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

376 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you