Importing Evernote pages into.Confluence?

Hoy Thompson May 20, 2021

I would like to get the bulk of about 2,000 notes with pdf and JPEG attachments into Confluence.  I can export from Evernote in XML or its native ENEX format.

There was an integration years ago that worked with server/self hosted but I need it work with Cloud based Confluencen (and the integration has been archived and not updated or supported).

Ideally, each Evernote note with attachments would be a single entry into the wiki - not worried about grouping or any logic with tags/categories/spaces.

I've done cursory search and will try the XML import steps but I feel this will NOT deal with the attachments.

Thanks for any help or guidance , in advance.

Hoy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hello Hoy!

Great question and you're not alone in this ask, there have been multiple people looking to complete the same tasks you're wanting to do. Here is a similar post in regards to this importing Evernote into Confluence.

Unfortunately, the product that was referenced there is for server only and is not available for the cloud. You could reach out to the vendor mentioned in that post above to see if there any plans to create an app for Cloud products.

Alternatively, you would create your own import scripts using the REST APIs on both ends. Here is the REST API information for both products:

1. Evernote Developer Documentation 
  2. Confluence Cloud Developer 

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hoy Thompson May 24, 2021

Thanks Steohen,

I pretty much figured I'd have write something.  Just being lazy, but I guess the API will be useful for this and future projects.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hey Hoy,

I would reach out to the vendor mentioned in the other post, if you're going to be writing something once, you might be able to partner with them and possibly create a path for others wanting to complete the same task, Be the change you seek.

If that doesn't work out, you could also create a Bitbucket repo and share it publically with your script to complete your export and import. If you happen to do this, please let us know and we might be able to assist with getting the word out.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Daniel Suarez September 16, 2023

Hello folks,

Just wondering if a few years later do you know a tool/script that might allow exporting Evernote to Confluence Cloud.

Thanks.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2024

Same here. @Stephen Sifers has something changed as far as Confluence Cloud import for Evernote?

Thanks, KGM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events