Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Confluence spaces to Confluence OnDemand

zied zaier February 7, 2013

When I do the first step of importing

1. If your version is older than the current Confluence OnDemand version, choose one of the following options. It is highly recommended that you use the 1st option because it does not impact your existing Confluence installation in any way.

Option 1 - recommended

a. Download and install the relevant 5.0-OD version from http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-od.

b. Take a full Confluence backup from your existing Confluence installation.

c. Import the full backup into the newly installed 5.0 OD one.

d. Continue to the following steps.

I get this message

• Backups made prior to Confluence 2.7.4 (build 1117) can not be restored. This backup had build number 1109.
  • Could not determine the space key from contents of exportDescriptor.properties
  • Restore denied. You can only restore space backups exported from the same major version (e.g. 2.2.x or 2.3.x).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013
So you should update you local installation first. The upgrade to the eap that ondemand is using. Export spaces then and try to Import them in ondemand.
zied zaier February 7, 2013

Thank you Faysal,

Unfortunately I don’t have the possibility to upgrade the original Confluence.

Any other suggestion

Thanks

ZZ

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013
Can you upgrade on a local host? If so just grab latest export and import it into you local Installation which is the same version your exported file is from. Then upgrade confluence there and export
0 votes
zied zaier February 11, 2013

thank you, Faysal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events