Import csv content into a page using page template

Khanh Nguyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Any advice on whether there's a way on importing csv content into a page with page templates.

In the page template, there are labels. . . can I match up the csv data to the labels and import them into pages in a space automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012
Don't fully understand your question, but you can use the csv macro from the table plugin to display csv data.
Khanh Nguyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Hi Bob,

I would like to automate the creation of pages in a space by using the Add Page from Template.

Here's my made up example:

1) I have a Page Template as follows. . .

h1. Just a test

| Test Summary | @Summary|textarea(5)@ |
| Test Description | @Desc|textarea(10)@ |

2) I have a csv file containing 100 rows of 'Test Summary' and 'Test Description'

3) Is there an automatic way to create 100 pages (like Add Page from Template) and importing the data in the csv into those pages.

Thanks!

Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Depends on whether this is a one time thing or you need a UI to do it.

1. Confluence Command Line Interface can be used to automate creation of pages using addPage. runFromCsv can be used to do this based on a CSV file.
  2. If you need something that can be driven from a UI perspective, then this can help: Confluence CLI Plugin
Like Manfred Navratil likes this
Khanh Nguyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

I'll have to give that a try - thanks for the tip!

0 votes
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

delete text

Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Sorry, this was suppose to be a comment. Now I can't delete it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events