Import Excel into Confluence

Kimberly McCarty October 12, 2021

Hello,

Can I get some guidance on how to import an excel into confluence?

thanks,

Kimberly McCarty

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@Kimberly McCarty 

When you say import Excel into Confluence I am assuming that you would like to have the Excel tables displayed directly on the page.  Here are a couple of ways to do that.

1. Add the file as an attachment to the Confluence page.  This provides very basic Excell functionality but it preserves the file.  It will allow users to download the file or view it by clicking on it in Confluence.
  2. You can copy the Excel columns and rows and paste them into the page.  This will allow you to have a Confluence table that displays the values of Excel in the Confluence page.  You would then have to update and make changes on the page and you would lose calculations etc. as it would only be a table in Confluence.  
  3. Use an app from marketplace like Elements Spreadsheet that allows you to import an Excel document into Confluence https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=confluence&query=excel
Kimberly McCarty October 12, 2021

You are correct, I wanted the tables to display and I really appreciate your input, thank you!

Sincerely,

Kimberly

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Kimberly McCarty ,

We can also suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Maybe you already have the app installed for your Confluence instance but don't use the Table from CSV macro - this macro is also provided by the app along with the Table Filter, Chart from Table and Pivot Table macros.

The Table from CSV macro allows you to output a table from CSV or TSV data source and supports outputting data from a URL/Google Docs or an attached file.

Your result table in Confluence will look like a regular manually created table and you'll be able to filter it, aggregate data, etc.

0 votes
Kenichi Abe October 20, 2021

Hi @Kimberly McCarty ,

There is a simple solution.

Our app(Excel-like Tables for Confluence) allows you to import your Excel file and show it on a page.
The app has high compatibility with Excel.

How about trying it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events