Import Confluence space content into Confluence Server

Sylvain gaume January 17, 2018

Hi,

I have a confluence space xml-export (originating from Confluence cloud ). I would like to import it as a child  of one given page of my current confluence Server  6.5. 

Reading the documentation I found procedure to use the xml-export as a back-up source but not as a source of additional content.

Any clue?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Sylvain,

The documentation to import a space is here:

This would add the space to your existing Confluence Site provided that the space key doesn't already exist.

Could you let me know what your questions were about that procedure? A space import is additional content. Only restoring an entire Site XML Export would overwrite the current instance.

Also please be advised that you cannot make a space the child of another page or space. Once you import the space, however, you can move the individual pages within it to be children of other pages in your instance.

Regards,

Shannon

Sylvain gaume January 19, 2018

Thanks for the quick and precise answer. I'll test and let you know. Cheers

Sylvain gaume January 22, 2018

Hi , The import has been done. Now it seems that new pages have been successfully added into the current confluence server. Now to manage rights and move then to the target structure we do not find where this additional content has been added through the import procedure? Thanks for your help. Regards

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Sylvain,

Since you imported a space, I would recommend having a look at your Space Directory for the imported space.

If you don't see it there, you can perform a reindex in Confluence, and it should display.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Sylvain gaume January 24, 2018

Hi Shannon, 

we have had no trouble after reindexing, that's fine.

The only minor issue is that comments have been lost, probably when generating the xml export in Confluence cloud (no option was available in the UI to include or exclude comments)

Cheers

sylvain

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2018

Hi Sylvain,

If you export to XML then comments are included:

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.35.57 PM.png

They're included automatically in the Full Export and then only if you do not uncheck the box for custom export.

Do you remember which option you selected when exporting? You could check the database to see if they were imported and maybe you're not seeing them? 

Otherwise I would try to make the Full Export again and see if you can try importing again. 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events