Images keep reverting to older versions.

Anna July 18, 2022

Hello!

I've been writing some documentation that uses screenshots/images for clarity. I have a few placeholder images I would like to replace with different images.

However, the images are not always being correctly saved when I replace them.  I swap out the images by dragging them into the page, resize them accordingly and publish in order to export the page as a PDF. The changes sometimes stay for a bit before reverting to the placeholders, but sometimes they revert instantly. Sometimes it's a few of them, sometimes it's more. It seems random.

I've been trying to replace the images for hours now- it's like they keep getting rolled back! This only happens to images. Any other content is saved.

Is there any way I can insert or replace images and make them stay? It feels like I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

@Anna Are the images you are using to update the placeholder images the same name?  If so what happens if you name the differently from the placeholder name?

Anna July 22, 2022

I renamed some of the files and now it seems to work. Am I correct in assuming that Confluence overwrites files with the same name? (Can I see a list of uploaded files somewhere?) 

Thanks for your help!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

@Anna I believe that is the case that they override files of the same name.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events