Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image properties in Confluence?

Jared Hu October 2, 2019

My company's confluence has this really slick UI that I've never seen before. However when I insert an image I couldn't find a way to bring up the image properties menu that old confluence had. I used it a lot to resize/ add border to screenshots copied from Sketch file. 

I copied screenshots into Confluence to document the design but in the current version the only actions I am able to do on an image that's placed in a table cell is to delete it.

I wonder if there's other work around, otherwise it will seriously affect my work flow.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2019

Hello Jared,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

I believe you're referring to the menu you would get when adding an image to a Confluence page. Is that right?

If so, this has been replaced with with the new Image Effects in the new Confluence editor.

When you add an image, you're able to resize it and also add annotations. Borders are no longer possible, but I have created a feature request for this below:

• CONFCLOUD-67895 Ability to modify image properties and add border in new editor

If you need to resize an image that's placed inside of a table, you'll want to attach it outside of the table first, resize it, and then drag it back into the table cell. This is a known issue, and has been reported below:

• CONFCLOUD-61805 Resizing Images Inside of New Tables is Unclear or Impossible

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Regards,

Shannon

Jared Hu October 8, 2019

Thank you Shannon! 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

You're welcome, Jared.

Let me know if you end up having any further questions. Take care!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events