Image embedded in Jira table is not loaded in a Confluence word export

Benjamin Prenom November 9, 2020

Hi everyone,

On a Confluence (cloud version) page, I'm using the /Jira function to pull some tickets from a specific Jira board (cloud version).

Some of these Jira tickets contains pictures in the ticket description.

On the confluence page, all the tickets are pulled properly and pictures are visible.

However, as soon as I export this Confluence page in a Word or PDF format, the pictures are not loaded in the export hence it shows a blank area instead the actual picture.
In the word export (from a PC), I get the following error message for each picture.

On the same Confluence page, I tried to embed pictures in various places to see if they get properly loaded in the export:

- Embed picture on the confluence page -> export works properly
- Embed picture in a table -> export works properly
- Embed picture in a layout -> export works properly

My conclusion is that the issue is coming from the /Jira function in particular.

If you have a workaround to get the pictures from a /Jira table properly exported in Word/PDF, please let me know!

Many thanks in advance,
Ben.

word_export_confluence_broken_pictures.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Hello @Benjamin Prenom !

I believe that you are affected by known bugs of the export feature. Usually, this happens with web images (images linked directly from the internet or somewhere).

The only workaround would be to attach the image to the page itself instead of using the image included from the web, as you have already noticed.

Let us hear from you!

Benjamin Prenom November 13, 2020

Hello @Diego !

As you can imagine, I cannot attach the image on the page itself as the purpose of using the /Jira table is to get a dynamic table pulling tickets according to it's settings.

These issues have been reported in 2013 and still in a "gathering impact" status... I think we'll have to live with bug for a while!

Thank you for you reply anyways!

Ben.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Yes, the workaround does significantly increase the rigidity of the whole process, as it is  not dynamically updated.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events