If I create a space using one blueprint, can I then switch it to another type of blueprint?

Thea Enos November 17, 2016

I'm setting up Confluence for the first time, and it seems like there will be situations where I initially create a space using one blueprint, but then want to change it to another type of blueprint.

Is this possible (especially if I haven't actually added any content to the space's home page yet)?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Hi Angela,

No, it's not possible.  When you create a space using a space template (or a page using a page template) there is no connection between the space and the template after the space is created.  The template just tells Confluence to add/amend certain things in the space when it creates it.

As Chris said, if you want to use a different space template you'll need to create a new space.  However, the space templates don't do anything that you can't do manually, so if you've got lots of content in your space you can make the necessary manual changes to the space.

Thea Enos November 22, 2016

Thank you, Rob!  That's most helpful!

1 vote
Chris Ranglas November 17, 2016

I have been using confluence (server) for a while and have not seen a space conversion / switch feature. for spaces with minimal to no content, you most likely will have to delete the space and recreate it using the blue print you have in mind. for spaces with content you will manually just have to update space pages to make it work like the desired blueprint.

Thea Enos November 22, 2016

Thank you so much for the input, Chris!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events