I would like to enable Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP) but the option is not allowed to edit.

suresh v December 28, 2022

Hello,

I'm unable to enable API following the steps outlined below. The option is greyed out. could you kindly advice?

1. Open the Confluence Administration.
  2. Click General Configuration > Further Configuration.
  3. On the Further Configuration page, click Edit.
  4. The option is greyed out despite I clicked on Edit button to make changes to configs.

2 answers

3 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

Hello @suresh v 

The option should already be checked/enabled in Confluence Cloud. This is required in order for Confluence itself to work properly. The option is not editable because disabling it would break Confluence.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 11.58.50 AM.png

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @suresh v ,

I just checked on my side and that cofiguration is disabled and I have no chance to enable it.

I think that just site-admin can edit that setting.

Fabio

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Is your system Cloud or on-premise?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

Hey @Trudy Claspill ,

it's cloud

Immagine.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2022

Free or paid? Are you a site admin?

Mine is free and I am a site admin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders