Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a 'back to top' using the header and footer in a confluence space

NatasjaP December 10, 2021

I want to create a 'back to top' link using the header and footer in a confluence space.

This way, we will have at the bottom of each page in the space a "back to top" link that redirects to an invisible anchor in the Header of each page.

I can't manage to get this to work with the wiki markup (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-confluence-wiki-markup/)

I can get a link by putting this in the footer: [Back to top], and I have tried several constructions, also by using# in reference to the normal use of an anchor within a page, but it all isn't working.

Clicking the link always generates a create page action, and I can't find a solution to avoid this.

Does anyone know if what I want to achieve is possible, and if so, then how?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

@NatasjaP 

Each page anchor is unique to the page so you would never be able to place this in the footer.  You would need to add the anchor to each individual page to get it to function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events