I've been trying to migrate Confluence...

Hello, 

I've been trying to create an exact copy of our production Confluence site on another server - in order to have a test site. This document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers seems to be missing a lot of steps and no matter how hard I tried to combine the other docs talking about installing Confluence, setting up Confluence, migrating the database and what not, I can't make up the exact procedure to get the test site up and running. 

I have installed and setup Confluence from scratch, I installed SQL from scratch, restored a .bak file, copied the home/install Confluence directories, updated the pointers to the right locations but with no luck. I get Java 500 errors, or Page cannot be displayed - depending on what steps I've performed.

The server OS version is identical Win 2012 R2 Std, Confluence is 5.7.1, Java is the exact same version on both... 

Is there a document out there or a reference that's more detailed? 

Please let me know,

D

1 answer

0 votes

I can't see the docs missing any steps - lots of people have used it to move many Confluence systems.  It does rely on other documentation (like installing confluence), as there's no need to repeat the basics.

I've no idea where you're getting a .bak file from though, that's not in there anywhere.

We can't really tell you more than what is in there without you explaining which bits you are doing differently from the doc though.  The basic idea is "set up new confluence, get it to work, get data out of old one and put it in the new one", but we don't know what you're doing.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,216 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you