Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I saw the previous version of file and the new file was not shown to me in confluence

thomas lahm September 17, 2021

I created a page and put a Word file in it
After a few hours, I edited the page again, deleted the previous Word file, and uploaded a new file

Unfortunately, after this, it happened several times that I still saw the previous version and the new file was not shown to me.
This is really worrying and has caused a lot of problems in my tests

2 answers

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2021

Hi @thomas lahm  if the file that you re-uploading is an updated file (ie some change after the last modification) and you try to attach it to the page, it will automatically create new version of the file. Was it not the same case with you ? You can delete the existing document and re-upload new one, but ideally that is not required.

thomas lahm September 18, 2021

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I delete the existing document and re-upload new one, but there is still a problem 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

There might be something else that's causing this. For me its showing correct version (ie current) that I upload after making changes to the document and also if I delete existing document and re-upload new one, it works. Probably need to collect the logs and raise a ticket to Atlassian support for troubleshooting.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

Hi @thomas lahm ,

Have you tried to find the deleted word file in the space trash, and clean it up completely, and see if there will be any problem of seeing the wrong file afterwards?

thomas lahm September 18, 2021

Hi
Thanks for the reply
No, I did not
There really is no opportunity to do this ...
Also, access to this work is not given by the admin

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2021

You can try to contact the space administrator to clean up the trash. Or maybe you encountered the following problem.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/After-deleting-the-page-attachment-I-can-still-preview-PDF/qaq-p/1676710

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-64856

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events