Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After deleting the page attachment, I can still preview PDF through the preview link

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hello Community,

I encountered a problem while deleting the attachment Before deleting, I recorded the attachment preview link.

After deleting the attachment, I can still preview the attachment through this link, but I can’t download it anymore. I know that some temporary files are stored in $share_home/viewfile. Do I have to clear this directory?

What is the reason for this kind of situation?

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan and @Dominic Lagger 

This is the actual behavior of Confluence.

When an attachment is first previewed, this preview file is cached in the file system as described in this KB.

When an attachment is deleted, and sent to the trash, the preview file isn't removed. Therefore, a user that had the URL to that preview could still access it.

The preview files are deleted when the attachment is purged from the trash.

Let me know if you consider this should work differently and I can log a feature request for it.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Thanks @Thiago Masutti @Dominic Lagger 

We have contacted the technical support team and create a ticket to track this issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-64856

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Thanks for the information.

But when @Thiago Masutti said, that this is the normal behaviour in confluence, then why is it declared as a bug? Shouldn't it be a feature request?

Like Thiago Masutti likes this
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Hey @Ollie Guan @Dominic Lagger 

The support team opened the bug and made some internal comments.
Although Confluence is operating as designed, this really seem to be a bug and the product team should be able to give us better details.

I've made some internal comments there to the product team.

Let's watch the bug and see how it progress.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan 

I can confirm this behaviour and I have no clue why this is...

I am quite confused.
Maybe Atlassian support can help you.

I'll watching this post.

Regards, Dominic

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

If the page is deleted, it will prompt that the page does not exist or has been deleted when accessed through the link. Why is the attachment handled differently?

Deleting attachments means that the administrator does not want these attachments to be accessed by users in any way.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

I tried several methods,

1. Clear $share_home/viewfile
2. Rebuild the index
3. Restart the node
4. Flush all in Cache Statistics
5. Clear the browser cache

Unless the attachment is completely removed from the recycle bin, the preview is still visible.

But this is different from our expectations.In some specific scenarios, we expect to temporarily store them in the recycle bin instead of deleting them directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events