Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to move all pages in a space to another space

bbf-mark July 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Move and Reorder Pages

I have 100 pages in one space and they all need to move to a different space and I don't see how to do that. Perhaps I can backup a space and restore it to another, but I don't believe that is supported.

Apart from being very tedious, moving the pages one at a time seems likely to cause problems with links and attachments if I do the move in the wrong order. I suspect that copying p[ages might be worse.

Help!

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Marcel Plomp (inactive) July 14, 2016

Do you have to move 100 pages to 100 different spaces? Or get some pages moved to the same space?

In the first case you have to move them one by one.

In the second case, do the following

• Create a new page in the original space
  • First move pages that go to the same target space to the newly created page (as child pages)
  • Move the Parent to the new page. All children will follow automatically
  • In the new space do some rearranging of the moved pages if needed.

Attachments and links to pages will be saved. Be sure that the spaces have the same permissions for all users otherwise some links will not work for some individuals. 

bbf-mark July 14, 2016

thanks very much .. no unfortunately is all the pages ...

(a) I did find a utility in marketplace to move the entire space but when I loaded it is was incompatible with my service version (latest).sad 

then (b) I realized how stupidly easy it was smile  and I saw your response afterwards but I did just that....

I created a "temp" page in the original space, used view in hierarchy to move them all under "Temp"

and then just moved "temp" to the new space, duly dragging across all its new children (as you say) and did the view in hierarchy move back in reverse (duh) .. just took a minute or so ...

but thanks very much!

Mark

0 votes
Stephanie Ong September 30, 2019

I have 100 over sub-pages that I need to move to a different space so what I did is selecting the parent page so that the rest of my subpages will be moved too but the problem is my parent page already exist in the space that I would like to move. My workaround is moving it to the new space with a temporary name, once the page is moved I use the re-order page to move the subpages to the right parent page. Is there any other better way then this work around?

0 votes
Klaus November 8, 2017

I've tried this thus far on confluence version 5.5 and 5.10. Use the page hierarchy under Tools>View in Hierarchy. Once in "List Pages - Tree View" under the pages tab. Drag and drop the pages you want moved first into a parent page. This step can be skipped if you already done this by either the recommended method or by manually going to each page and move them individually. The last step would be to view the parent page and then move the page to the other space you want. It will typically include all the child pages along with the move. Confluence is a bit buggy when moving batches of pages (to include the attachments to the pages). You may get a message "The following error(s) occurred: Move failed. There was a problem contacting the server." Be patent with it as it could complete the move, even with this error message. I typically refresh the page. I recommend moving batches of 100 or less. 100+ can get you mixed results. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events