Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to use scroll versions with anonymus users

Liliana Iriarte April 7, 2016

Hi,

I configures Scroll versions but I'm not able to configure it for anonymus users. Is this permission available in this addon?

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Liliana Iriarte April 8, 2016

Thanks for the quick answer. In my case I have a confluence space where anonymus users are able to see the documentation and I wanted to let users to switch among versioned documentation but I couldn't find the way to configure scroll versions for anonymus users.

Is there a way to configure scroll versions for users who are not logged in in Confluence?

Thanks in advance

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Hi,

You can't assign anonymous users as a group to you wouldn't be able to add them to any of the fields in the configuration screen for scroll version. I assume anonymous users have view access to the space in the space permission section?

Also, one way to do what you want is to use Scroll Viewport. It's their theme plugin which lets you create themes which allow users to see the various versions of a space.

Liliana Iriarte April 8, 2016

In this case anonymus users will have only view access to confluence in order to read the documentation and switch among versions but when configuring scroll versions anonymus users are not able to see the dropdwon with versions.

So, the only possibility to achieve this is by using the Scroll ViewPort?

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Yes, since anonymous is not an actual group you can add then there is no way to make them reviewers of a Scroll Version space. Scroll Viewport does allow you to create a theme that allows anonymous access to view versions. If you look at Atlassian's documentation, they also use Viewport:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

Hi,

What do you mean? Are you trying to give anonymous users VIEW permission or EDIT permission for the Scroll Version space?

We use Scroll Version and give anonymous users access to view published spaces but we dont give them access to edit them because I dont think its possible. In the Scroll Configuration you have to specify which user groups are reviewers, authors, translators, and doc-admins. I don't believe you can enter anonymous group for any of those so the most they would be able to do is view a space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events