Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot play a video in confluence using the multi media macro?

Sujata April 12, 2016

I inserted the multi media macro and the WMV video file but when I preview, it does nothing, I can just see a block and when I hover over the block it says "the plug is not supported". how can I play the video in confluence? If I need the plug then how come the macro is available to use? There is no other way to play the file?

2 answers

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

Did you try simply dragging the video to the Confluence page in edit mode? In the last couple of versions, Confluence with automatically insert it with the best player.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Hello!

You didn't mention what version of Confluence you're currently running, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you're running into this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27581

Personally, I'd try converting the video file to another format, (e.g., MP4/MOV), and trying with that.

Good luck!

Sujata April 12, 2016

sorry, i dont know which version but I dont get any error, just the plugin message that i mentioned earlier. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events