I cannot load the AUI in my theme. (CDN)

Nikos Sarilakis July 21, 2017

I'm trying to install the AUI in one of our Spaces.

In this page (https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/getting-started.html#serve-from-cdn\) you say: "you will need to include them in the HEAD of your HTML or template file, such as in the example below."

When I go to edit the theme it shows me only the current theme and I'm not able to edit that. If I go to edit the layout there are plenty of files that use "Velocity" and I cannot add this: 

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//aui-cdn.atlassian.com/aui-adg/6.0.6/css/aui.min.css" media="all">
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="//aui-cdn.atlassian.com/aui-adg/6.0.6/js/aui.min.js"></script>

Do you know where can I add these 3 lines of code to load the AUI?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

That is not for use in Confluence. You cannot simply add a new version of AUI to Confluence, it has it's own version of AUI installed and you will risk breaking the UI if you add a newer version of AUI like this.

What are you actually trying to accomplish here?

Nikos Sarilakis July 22, 2017

Thanks for your reply.I'm trying to use the AUI

I'm trying to use the AUI to create a horizontal menu. I tried using the formatting that I found online and it doesn't work. Is AUI already pre-installed? Is AUI similar to the Bootstrap library? Can I just use the AUI commands and they will just work?

Thanks!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2017

Can you show me the component? Some of them are generally avaliable so you can use them. Others are not generally avaliable so you'd have to require them using a plugin or some other loading module. 

image.png

Nikos Sarilakis July 24, 2017

Thanks, Steve. I didn't know about the core AUI. (I'm very new to Confluence)

I'm trying to use this menu: 

https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/navigation.html

When I paste it, I see it as bullet points.

Thanks again!!

It doesn't allow me to paste the command line I see under the Horizontal menu/Examples. Where can I find it?

Sorry for the multiple messages. I try to paste that command line and it sees it as inappropriate or spam

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017

What version of Confluence are you on? Confluence includes it's own AUI and we may be able to take advantage of specific styles to build our own without including new plugin resources.

This documentation is targeted to plugin-developers. The idea is that the plugin developer would take or require the resource, package it in their plugin, and serve it up within the application.

6.1.2. is the version we have

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events