Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't promote a custom global template in a space

Nic Perry April 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Blueprints

I have options to promote the standard blueprints, and maybe I could create a template in the space and promote it, but there are no promote options next to the global templates in the space.

Sorry Nic Brough, wouldn't let me comment for some reason...  That isn't what promoting is for, promoting it means that when someone clicks to add a new page it shows up at the top, before the "show more" button.  It works fine for all the global blueprints, and the documentation says it works for templates too, but it doesn't seem to be working, at least not where I expect it.

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Witt December 28, 2016

I have the same problem and can see other questions regarding this in the forum, but no answers as far as I can see?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Where would you promote a global template to?  It's already global.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Ack, sorry, I was looking at a function provided by an add-on.

You're right, that promotion should be working to push the template up the list.  I'm not sure why it doesn't - are there any errors in the logs when you try to promote?

Nic Perry April 14, 2016

There isn't even a promote button on the page where blueprints can be promoted, only an edit button that takes me to the global template settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events