I can't promote a custom global template in a space

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Blueprints

I have options to promote the standard blueprints, and maybe I could create a template in the space and promote it, but there are no promote options next to the global templates in the space.

Sorry Nic Brough, wouldn't let me comment for some reason...  That isn't what promoting is for, promoting it means that when someone clicks to add a new page it shows up at the top, before the "show more" button.  It works fine for all the global blueprints, and the documentation says it works for templates too, but it doesn't seem to be working, at least not where I expect it.

2 answers

0 vote

Where would you promote a global template to?  It's already global.

Ack, sorry, I was looking at a function provided by an add-on.

You're right, that promotion should be working to push the template up the list.  I'm not sure why it doesn't - are there any errors in the logs when you try to promote?

There isn't even a promote button on the page where blueprints can be promoted, only an edit button that takes me to the global template settings.

I have the same problem and can see other questions regarding this in the forum, but no answers as far as I can see?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,909 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you