I can't execute Atlassian-confluence-7.1.0 in Windows Server 2016

Alvaro Losada
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2019

When I am trying to run Atlassian-confluence-7.1.0-x64 Server executable, it appears a loading icon but no window appears on the screen. 

I don't know why this is happening.

I am working with Windows Server 2016. I've successfully installed Atlassian-jira-core-8.5.1 so I can't find the problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hello Alvaro,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

We have run a test on our end and can confirm that the 7.1 executable for Windows installs without issue on Window Server 2016. This leads me to believe it is an issue caused by your server or network.

Can you please try the following:

1. Download the installer again, in case it's corrupt.
  2. Run this as an administrator.
  3. Temporarily disable any anti-virus or firewall that you have. Make sure the executable is allowed to run according to your policy.
  4. When running the executable, the User Account Control screen will appear, asking for permission to run. If you are installing remotely, the admin permission screen may be invisible.
  5. Make sure all of the Before You Begin steps have been completed from Installing Confluence on Windows.
  6. Finally, you can also try installing using an archive: Installing Confluence on Windows from .zip file. This can be done in the event that something on your Operating System level is blocking the installation.  

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events