It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I can't execute Atlassian-confluence-7.1.0 in Windows Server 2016

When I am trying to run Atlassian-confluence-7.1.0-x64 Server executable, it appears a loading icon but no window appears on the screen. 

I don't know why this is happening.

I am working with Windows Server 2016. I've successfully installed Atlassian-jira-core-8.5.1 so I can't find the problem.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Alvaro,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

We have run a test on our end and can confirm that the 7.1 executable for Windows installs without issue on Window Server 2016. This leads me to believe it is an issue caused by your server or network.

Can you please try the following:

1. Download the installer again, in case it's corrupt.
  2. Run this as an administrator.
  3. Temporarily disable any anti-virus or firewall that you have. Make sure the executable is allowed to run according to your policy.
  4. When running the executable, the User Account Control screen will appear, asking for permission to run. If you are installing remotely, the admin permission screen may be invisible.
  5. Make sure all of the Before You Begin steps have been completed from Installing Confluence on Windows.
  6. Finally, you can also try installing using an archive: Installing Confluence on Windows from .zip file. This can be done in the event that something on your Operating System level is blocking the installation.  

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you