Hyperlinks not working in Confluence

Camouflage September 16, 2021

Why is it that hyperlinks no longer work in Confluence? If you ctrl-K over text and try to add a hyperlink, or even try to do this via the Link icon, the window pops up allowing Link and Text to be entered, but the values are not saved. Could you please advise why this is, and could you please resolve this bug. In the meantime, is there a workaround?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

Hi @Camouflage

Linking in Confluence is still working for me. When you click the linking window, put in values and then hit 'Enter', does it work?

Jacob

Camouflage September 16, 2021

Thanks Jacob. All good now after pressing Enter.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

Jacob is correct, once you add the URL, hit "Enter", it will then add the link as expected.

Eric Green October 2, 2023

I have the same issue which is what drove me to search for this page. I tried hitting "Enter" also and that doesn't work either. I just see a popup where the "Insert" button is disabled. I tried again and it works (the "Insert" button becomes enabled) sporadically.

1 vote
Candice January 5, 2023

Hi Atlassian community.

I cannot find a thread linked to the issue I'm experiencing.

Documents were loaded onto a Confluence page and changed from icon to link. A month later, the hyperlinks no longer work (they are greyed out).

When I click on the link, it refreshes the page that I'm currently on. 

Do you know what the error could be?

Hyperlinks not working.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events