Howto escape PSQL exit command?

Simon Cordt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2018

I have a codeblock and want to show how to exit PSQL, which is done by issuing \q.

However, \q is always gone after saving the edited page.

If I escape the backslash by writing \\q, \\q is also shown in the saved page. But that's not what I want, of course. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hello Simon,

Unfortunately, this is not possible, due to these limitations:

The backslash escape syntax is an unfortunate legacy of Confluence's wiki markup, and not one we can change without wide-reaching side-effects that would break existing content. As such, it would only get fixed if we did a wholesale replacement of Confluence's markup.

There are a few workarounds listed on the page, but it doesn't appear they are working any longer, as I have tested this on 6.8.0 as well as Confluence Cloud. 

As a workaround, I was able to display preformatted text using the HTML macro. both <pre> and <code> would work here. You can also use the macro to format the text on your example if you want to include a border or anything more here.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Simon Cordt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2018

Wrapping it in a <pre> will do just fine.

Thank you for the hint!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Simon,

No problem! Glad it helped.

Take care and kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events