How we can create a static website using confluence?

Akash Gaonkar January 24, 2016

Requirements for static websites?

1. Video streaming
  2. Audio Streaming
  3. One page parallax
  4. group discussion
  5. Contact form
  6. Uploading PDF, which can be accessed by audience.

1 answer

1 vote
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2016

Hi Akash, 

One question: is Confluence must-have? 

Maybe you should use another CMS like Wordpress, Typo3 or something else..

For WP there are a thousands of Templates you can use for Prallax design - even for free. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, Mario

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

That's a good question, it's likely that Confluence is not a good fit for this

1. It's not a file share (especially on Cloud, where you'll find you hit the maximum storage quickly if you're uploading lots of video)
  2. As 1
  3. Yes it does that, but you'll need to work on it.
  4. It's a wiki at it's heart, not a forum.  You can add "Questions" from Atlassian or "Community forums" from Adaptavist (yes, advert for my lot, I know, but it's a valid option)
  5. There's a simple "help" type one, but it's not a contact handling system.  I'd use JIRA for that
  6. Again, not really a file share.
Akash Gaonkar January 26, 2016
Akash Gaonkar January 26, 2016

I have one more query, using confluence can i make a wiki page which can be accessible all over world without login panel on the front page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

Yes, make sure it's accessible over the internet and you've enabled "anonymous" access.  You'll have the option for logging in in the menu at the top right, but the page will be displayed to all visitors without any login.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events