Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to verify after Upgrade

Hi Team,

As we are planning to upgrade system to latest long term support release for CVE-2022-26134.

So I want to make sure all features/functionality works after upgrade so is there any way to validate confluence workings which make sure nothing breaks after upgrade.

Is there any backend way/APIs to verify Confluence .

2 answers

1 vote
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 08, 2022

HI @Ankit Rastogi ,

It depends on what all is configured in confluence and the amount of data in confluence. We do have some formal checks which are documented in the upgrade guide. You might want to check the upgrade guide below for more info.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Great! Thanks @Srinatha T 

At this link, mostly things related to do before and during the upgrade.

Can you please share the APIs details page? I was thinking to run APIs before and after the upgrade to compare responses and data. Let’s see I have 100 pages on confluence and this count should be a response of some confluence API then I will run before and after the upgrade to compare this count. This is an example of one API but I want more API details that can help me to compare data/response.

And can you please share how we can create Personal Access Tokens (PAT) for Confluence 6.13.23 version

1 vote
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 07, 2022

Hi @Ankit Rastogi ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

You will have to have a test environment to do the thorough test . You can refer to the release notes for info like what all is introduced/fixed but to make sure nothing breaks it is advisable to have clone setup of prod and do the upgrade there first and then moving to prod. That would be the most recommended way. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Thanks @Srinatha T  

We are going to do same by lower environment first.

But on lower environment or Prod after upgrade, I want to find what major thing we need to check/test  Or what you recommend to test manually as well to make sure nothing is breaking? OR is there any backend way from API to validate?

Thanks in Advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

751 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you