Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify after Upgrade

Ankit Rastogi June 7, 2022

Hi Team,

As we are planning to upgrade system to latest long term support release for CVE-2022-26134.

So I want to make sure all features/functionality works after upgrade so is there any way to validate confluence workings which make sure nothing breaks after upgrade.

Is there any backend way/APIs to verify Confluence .

4 answers

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2022

HI @Ankit Rastogi ,

It depends on what all is configured in confluence and the amount of data in confluence. We do have some formal checks which are documented in the upgrade guide. You might want to check the upgrade guide below for more info.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Ankit Rastogi June 8, 2022

Great! Thanks @Srinatha T 

At this link, mostly things related to do before and during the upgrade.

Can you please share the APIs details page? I was thinking to run APIs before and after the upgrade to compare responses and data. Let’s see I have 100 pages on confluence and this count should be a response of some confluence API then I will run before and after the upgrade to compare this count. This is an example of one API but I want more API details that can help me to compare data/response.

Ankit Rastogi June 8, 2022

And can you please share how we can create Personal Access Tokens (PAT) for Confluence 6.13.23 version

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Ankit Rastogi ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

You will have to have a test environment to do the thorough test . You can refer to the release notes for info like what all is introduced/fixed but to make sure nothing breaks it is advisable to have clone setup of prod and do the upgrade there first and then moving to prod. That would be the most recommended way. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Ankit Rastogi June 7, 2022

Thanks @Srinatha T  

We are going to do same by lower environment first.

But on lower environment or Prod after upgrade, I want to find what major thing we need to check/test  Or what you recommend to test manually as well to make sure nothing is breaking? OR is there any backend way from API to validate?

Thanks in Advance.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Ankit Rastogi

Can you please share the APIs details page? I was thinking to run APIs before and after the upgrade to compare responses and data. Let’s see I have 100 pages on confluence and this count should be a response of some confluence API then I will run before and after the upgrade to compare this count.

I think I understand what you mean. You want to do some tests again REST API to ensure the upgrade went fine and you want to do probably automated tests via REST API like commenting, create a page, deleting a page - basically understood, and a good idea.

However, there seems to be not much that is ready-made here, you can check though with documentation and write scripts to do the tests on your own.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Ankit Rastogi

And can you please share how we can create Personal Access Tokens (PAT) for Confluence 6.13.23 version

Personal Access Tokens require Confluence version 7.9 (and later).

Please review:

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events