How to use Google Analytics with Confluence Cloud?

Seongwoo Kim September 29, 2015

Hi there

To use GA with the Confluence cloud service, I read Tracking Atlassian Confluence usage with Google Analytics only to find that there is no custom HTML field in the cloud. In addition to it I've also found that the existing header and footer fields don't accept <script> tag.

So could somebody please help setting GA in the cloud?

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi Seongwoo,

We've created an add-on that provides some great usage statistics in Confluence Cloud. It includes an overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page.

You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud

Hope it helps!

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Hi!

Pretty old thread - I've written a on Demand plugin (free) to do exactly that. I am considering to publish it on the marketplace. Let me know if you would be interested to be a beta tester.

Cheers,
Christian

Daniel Byrne April 30, 2018

Hi Christian,

Did you end up releasing this plugin? I am interested in testing it...

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2018
0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2015

Hello there,

It's unfortunately not possible, as it would require a custom HTML, what is not allowed on Confluence Cloud.

As you can see on this page, custom HTML is not configurable on Confluence Cloud. The only workaround for this would be migrating to Confluence Server, where you would be able to add the Custom HTML required in order to have the Google Analytics working on the application, or you could use the Google Analytics plugin as well.

Regards,
LM 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events