Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a video (size 125MB) in confluence without changing the configuration size

Vanisree Valaboju October 6, 2020

Upload a video (size120MB) into confluence, without increasing attachments size in general configuration

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Vanisree Valaboju ,

You need to increase the allowed attachment size config in confluence or split the video into multiple videos of small size. With that said, confluence is not meant for storing videos. It is a collaborative site and doesn't expect videos to be uploaded. Large sized attachments make it difficult during migration/exporting spaces as it consumes more space.

Vanisree Valaboju October 7, 2020

Thank you @Niranjan , as I am new to confluence, how can we split the video file?

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Vanisree Valaboju  - You cannot split videos in confluence and I just recommended it. You may try video editor software to do that. But still confluence is not for storing videos, you may need to prefer sharepoint.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

Hi @Vanisree Valaboju

Maybe you should store your video out of Confluence (SharePoint, Google Drive, Youtube, etc.) and use a link in Confluence. That what I do with large attachments :-)

Does it make sense to you?

Vanisree Valaboju October 7, 2020

Thank you for your response @Sedera Randria ! we are moving out from google drive and need to migrate all the content into confluence. so the option to use the google drive link does not work in my case.

Like Sedera Randria likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events