Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade to Confluence 5.6.4 from 5.1.3

William April 8, 2015

Atlassian Support.  How do we upgrade to 5.6.4 from 5.1.3.  The 5.6.4 SQL database requires a different collation which means the normal upgrade procedures will not work, simply upgrading the app.

Do you have details instructions on how to perform this upgrade for a large Confluence instance?

1 answer

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hi William,

You might be looking for this KB article.

Confluence must be using the SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS as collation and also the net.sf.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerIntlDialect dialect in the confluence.cfg.xml before the upgrade to make sure that it will create the new datatypes.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rodrigo

William April 8, 2015

Hello Rodrigo,

I believe I may have seen that article.  But we have a large confluence instance and I have read that performing an XML backup and restore is not recommended, possible data loss, which I cannot have.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

this is a drawback indeed. I can recommend you to use in this case some third party database tool to change the collation of the database. In this doc, you can find the collation changer tool that might help in this case.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events