How to update a jenkins results in jira ?

Elango Manoharan December 8, 2020

Give me a better solution from this question.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Set up a connection between Jira and Jenkins and configure it to do what you want it to.

We can't tell you more than that, you've not given us any idea of what you are trying to achieve or what you have got set up.

Elango Manoharan December 9, 2020

please give me documents or a link to proceed with it and give me the idea for what we start with

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

I can't really tell you a lot, you have not told us what you are trying to achieve, or if you have a preference for a particular route (for example, do you want Jenkins to poke something into Jira?  Or Jira to pull something from Jenkins and update or report or log or, or, or, or...)

Broadly though, if I could work out where to go, you would get a link to a list of apps for Jira that help it talk to Jenkins, a pointer to Jenkins functions that talk to Jira, or a link to the rest api docs to get you started on building your own code to get Jenkins to talk to Jira.

Like Elango Manoharan likes this

Jenkins Automation result has to updated in Jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2020

Ok, and what is your preferred route?  I would guess "Jenkins does some stuff, which it somehow knows has an association with one or many Jira issues, so at the end of the process, it updates the issues with something".  Is that the right idea?

Like Elango Manoharan likes this

yeah! this is my question, How to start it

Suggest an answer